To facilitate travel arrangements to Cyprus and ensure the capture of all necessary information required by the Health authorities, the Cyprus government has created this online portal to quickly and easily complete all the formalities necessary and receive their authorisation to fly (*CyprusFlightPass).
This portal will also speed up the process of entering the country.
Beginning July 1, 2020, the Greek government has determined how the country will welcome travellers, carry out the necessary diagnostic screening and keep everyone safe throughout the season.
The Passenger Locator Form (PLF) is a key element in the planning. All travellers are obliged to complete their PLF at least 24 hours before entering the country, providing detailed information on their point of departure, the duration of previous stays in other countries, and the address of your stay while in Greece.
This will also speed up the process of entering the country.
We want to thank all of you that have entrusted your holiday accommodation this year in one of our self-catering properties. We have worked hard to adjust under the new circumstances and ensured that all new and essential safety protocols are in place.
A key element to all of this was to minimise any risk and keep everyone involved safe. Self-catering accommodation like yours provides a de facto layer of privacy, which is essential to exercise proper social distancing.
We have made significant adjustments to cleaning procedures, pool management, deliveries, arrival and departure times, and the logistics of running our properties.
For this reason, we would like to bring them to your kind attention before you arrive, so that you are aware and feel reassured.
We have also reserved small parts for you to play in this procedure, for which we ask your kind cooperation.
The procedure follows:
Times of Arrival and Departure
To facilitate an extensive and very detailed cleaning protocol, lasting more than 6 hours at a time, we have adjusted arrival and departure times as follows:
Arrival Time: 16:00pm or later
Departure time: 09:30 am or earlier
This procedure applies to all of our properties.
We will contact you over SMS, E-mail, mobile and our App, so please make sure we are aware of all your contact details.
Once set, we could allow an earlier check-in, if possible.
If you are not arriving on a cleaning day, we can be flexible and allow you to access the property as early as 13.00 hours.
If arriving earlier is essential for you, please contact us at 0030 2663091044
Important! Please take note:
- Please make sure you have our own Detailed Driving Instructions / Directions (with photos) for your arrival.
These are provided directly from us a week before your arrival (not through a booking platform).
They will be bannered under our logos of Eos Travel and Eos Villas.
- No GPS coordinates will get you to your property correctly and accurately.
The accuracy depends on your device, signal strength (Satellite/GPRS) and other factors beyond our control.
Please do not rely on them.
- There are no street numbers or addresses in most of our rural houses.
That is almost 99% since most of the houses are close to tiny villages.
- Use your Holiday Planner (myEos) to provide us securely with all your Names and ID/Passport details.
Under the GDBR protocol, this information will be made available only to official authorities, if needed.
This requirement is a legal one.
- Keep our emergency numbers at hand.
We provide them with our Driving instructions sent to you a few days before arrival or found inside your holiday planner.
- There may be an extra charge under the current circumstances, should you need someone to come out and help.
Our one priority is to keep everyone safe and not to apply any unnecessary risk.
Cleaning is a crucial part of this.
Key Elements are:
- Cleaning is now very, Very thorough and thus takes much longer (we estimate an average of 4.5 hours per property).
- Cleaning happens only once during your stay. Preferably a day before your arrival.
- You are never present.
This rule is an essential one. Should a mid clean be agreed for any reason, the suggested time you will need to leave the house is close to 4, and a maximum of 6 hours.
It may seem too much, but this will give enough time for the cleaning crew to complete a thorough clean and the house to dry out literally.
Our suggestion is to spend the day out with family. You will be informed of the cleaner's progress using our app.
- The cleaners will provide linen and towels on arrival and for the entire duration of your stay. They will usually make the beds with linen etc. In some circumstances, they will only lay the under covers and leave the rest of the linen on the bedside for you to use. Our suggestion to owners is the later.
- Cleaning is divided into three (3) very distinct parts, adding an extra hour and a half of cleaning at a minimum, with 30 minutes or more of intentional breaks between them.
- Pre-Cleaning, (protects the cleaner)
- Mid-cleaning, (main cleaning)
- After-Cleaning, (protects you)
- Cleaners take all the necessary precautions (gloves, masks, etc.)
- You can participate in the procedure by helping with the following:
- Arrive at the agreed time by the agency. The time is known to you after confirmation from the cleaning crew.
- Operate air-conditioning during your stay with a partially open window or door.
- Air all rooms during the day.
- On Departure, switch off all air-conditioning units.
- Finally, leave a window partially open on your final departure from the property.
- Soaps, disinfectants etc., are provided for your arrival. Please also bring your own with you.
- Cleaning materials used by the cleaning teams are well-known disinfectants/steamers etc.
They will make sure that (on their departure from the premise) all possible common areas are sprayed with a thin layer of disinfectant that will keep the surfaces safe for an extended period. For this reason, you may experience some moisture on some walls or furniture if this has not dried out completely.
- Some windows in the houses will be left open before you arrive and provide a steady airflow.
- Cleaners will leave air-conditioning units switched off.
If your property has a pool, maintenance happens typically early in the morning and before breakfast. You will be aware of the exact times before you arrive or during your stay.
Gardening will probably happen at specific hours in the afternoon, which will also be known to you.
If this involves someone entering your house, we will follow a specific procedure:
- You can not be inside the property during the process.
- We will collect enough information to make sure that the maintenance person fixes what has failed.
- The maintenance person will come in dressed in a uniform, a face shield, etc. and undertake the maintenance task.
- We need to allow enough time for the maintenance person to arrive. To facilitate this, he/she may need to come the next day. As they too have to follow specific procedures.
- If it is a genuine emergency and your presence is needed, you must exercise social distancing with the maintenance team.
- In some cases, the cleaner might also arrive just after the maintenance person has come.
As always, we take great care in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our properties.
We have supplemented the above procedures with additional COVID-19 cleanliness-specific guidance, training and information to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous for your safety.
Thank you very much for your kind co-operation on this, as this will guarantee a safe and pleasant stay on our property. Have a great holiday!