Thank you for booking your holiday accommodation at one of our self-catering properties. We worked hard in 2020 to adjust under the new circumstances and ensure that all new and essential safety protocols were in place.
Find below the procedure for entering the country of your property,
Next, find the cleaning and health & safety protocol during your stay.
To facilitate travel arrangements to Cyprus and ensure the capture of all necessary information required by the Health authorities, the Cyprus government has created this online portal to quickly and easily complete all the formalities necessary and receive their authorisation to fly (*CyprusFlightPass).
This portal will also speed up the process of entering the country.
From 15 March 2022 onwards, travellers visiting Greece are no longer required to fill out the Passenger Locator Form (PLF).
However, a simplified PLF remains in operation, the completion of which is OPTIONAL, for the sole purpose of enabling the traveller/family to issue an EU Certificate of a negative or positive COVID-19 test result.
Travellers, who decide to fill out the simplified form, will receive the PLF with their unique Quick Response (QR) code via email (the QR code will be provided in a link in the email).
The PLF can also be found on the Visit Greece app and at travel.gov.gr. It is strongly recommended that all visitors download the Visit Greece app (GDPR compliant) for free, prior to their arrival in Greece.
Arrival and Departure Times
A key element for us is to minimise risk and keep everyone involved safe. Self-catering accommodation like yours provides a de facto layer of privacy, which is essential to exercise proper social distancing.
We have made significant adjustments to cleaning procedures, pool management, deliveries, arrival and departure times, and the logistics of running our properties.
For this reason, we would like to bring them to your kind attention before you arrive, so that you are aware and feel reassured.
We have also reserved small parts for you to play in this procedure, for which we ask your kind cooperation.
To facilitate a detailed cleaning protocol, lasting 3-5 hours at a time, we have adjusted arrival and departure times as follows:
Arrival Time: 16:00pm or later
Departure time: 09:30 am or earlier
Luggage Drop off is possible: 13:00 or later
This procedure applies to all of our properties.
We will contact you over SMS, E-mail, mobile and our App (myEos), so please make sure we know all your contact details (e-mail, mobile etc.).
Once set, we could allow an earlier check-in or later check-out, if possible.
If you are not arriving on a cleaning day, we can be flexible and allow you to access the property as early as 13.00 hours.
If arriving earlier is essential for you, please get in touch with us at 0030 2663091044
Important! Please take note:
- Please make sure you have our handmade Detailed Driving Instructions / Directions (with photos) for your arrival.
These are provided directly from us a week before your arrival (not through a booking platform).
They will be bannered under our logos of Eos Travel and Eos Villas.
- No GPS coordinates will get you to your property correctly and accurately.
The accuracy depends on your device, signal strength (Satellite/GPRS) and other factors beyond our control.
Please do not rely on GPS.
- There are no street numbers or addresses in most of our rural houses.
That is almost 99% since most houses are close to tiny villages.
- Use your Holiday Planner (myEos) to provide us securely with all your Names and ID/Passport details.
Under the GDBR protocol, this information will be made available only to official authorities if needed.
This requirement is a legal one.
- Keep our emergency numbers at hand.
We provide them with our Driving instructions sent to you a few days before arrival or found inside your holiday planner.
- There may be an extra charge under the current circumstances, should you need someone to come out and help.
Our priority is to keep everyone safe and not apply any unnecessary risk.
Cleaning is a crucial part of this.
Key Elements are:
- Cleaning is now very, Very thorough and thus takes much longer (we estimate an average of 3 hours per property).
- Cleaning happens preferably a day before your arrival.
- You are never present.
This rule is an essential one. Should a mid clean be agreed, the suggested time you will need to leave the house is about 4 hours.
This amount of time will allow the cleaning crew to complete a thorough clean and the house to dry out naturally.
Our suggestion is to spend the day out with family. You will be informed of the cleaner's progress using our App (sent to you over e-mail).
- The cleaners will provide linen and towels on arrival and for the entire duration of your stay. They will usually make the beds with linen etc. In some circumstances, they will only lay the under covers and leave the rest of the linen on the bedside for you to use.
- Cleaning happens into three (3) distinct parts:
- Pre-Cleaning, (protects the cleaner)
- Mid-cleaning, (central cleaning)
- After-Cleaning, (protects you)
- Cleaners take all the necessary precautions (gloves, masks, etc.)
- You can participate in the procedure by helping with the following:
- Arrive at the agreed time by the agency. The time is known to you after confirmation from the cleaning crew (which will also use our Web App (myEos)).
- Operate air-conditioning during your stay as little as possible.
- Air all rooms during the day.
- On departure, switch off all air-conditioning units.
- Soaps, disinfectants etc., are provided for your arrival. Please also bring your own with you.
- Cleaning materials used by the cleaning teams are well-known disinfectants/steamers etc.
They will make sure that (on their departure from the premise) all possible common areas are disinfected.
- Some windows in the houses will be left open before you arrive and provide a steady airflow.
- Cleaners will leave air-conditioning units switched off.
Maintenance happens typically early in the morning and before breakfast if your property has a pool. You will be aware of the exact times before you arrive or during your stay.
Gardening will probably happen at specific hours in the afternoon, which will also be known to you.
If this involves someone entering your house, we will follow a specific procedure:
- You can not be inside the property during the process.
- We will collect enough information to ensure that the maintenance person fixes what has failed.
- The maintenance person will arrive following the protocols and health procedures in place.
- We need to allow enough time for the maintenance person to arrive. To facilitate this, they may need to come the next day. As they too have to follow specific procedures.
- If it is a genuine emergency and your presence is needed, you must exercise social distancing with the maintenance team.
- In some cases, the cleaner might also arrive just after the maintenance person has come.
As early as June 2020, we have introduced our Web App, "myEos".
Key Features are:
- This App is straightforward
- You can access it with any device
- It is bundled with a free e-Messanger to contact us directly.
- You can get all the essential information about your holiday in one place.
- You can also access suggestions and what things to do while on holiday.
- There is no need to install it on your phone desktop. There is, however, an option to do just that.
As always, we take great care in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our properties.
We have supplemented the above procedures with additional COVID-19 cleanliness-specific guidance, training and information to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous for your safety.
Thank you very much for your kind co-operation on this, as this will guarantee a safe and pleasant stay on our property. Have a great holiday!
The Eos Team