Dear respectful Owners,
We regret all being in this challenging position again this year due to the spread of the Coronavirus. Who could have imagined that there would be such a big problem with a virus after so many difficult years with tourism and successes?
Despite the unprecedented times, we are here and prepare daily for the return to normality. The course has not and will not be easy. You have our commitment to continuing and uninterrupted support.
Nothing now seems the same. Nevertheless, as before, we believe that honesty, accuracy and communication will provide us with the competitive edge that we need in these times.
What can be done?
An essential element for us is to save as much of any tourist season as possible. In that direction, we are doing the following:
- We encourage all clients who need or want to cancel their holidays to postpone them for the end of the season or receive a voucher.
- We are also promoting online posts like the one below.
(Booking a villa or an apartment is generally safer for clients)
- We are also promoting an all flexible booking policy, which is fully adaptable to the current unstable times.
Will the virus go away?
We do get this question a lot. None knows, except maybe for the experts. Considering what we all had to do so far, we may need to get used to the virus presence.
With all the necessary changes set in place (cleaning procedures, certifications, etc.), we are ready to face these challenging times together with hope and the required flexibility to be competitive in these difficult times.
It is not an easy task. Things seem to change all the time, and there is no certainty. We will face things to come together.
We regret to say that, up to this moment, Covid does seem to affect this year too. Clients are more confident than ever to travel; most are vaccinated or used to the new travelling procedures.
We cannot determine the extent yet. We intend to revisit the subject as soon as we know.
How is this affected
Cleaning will again play a vital part in the tourist season, as it is most important to keep the houses safe and ourselves.
- Very thorough.
- Cleaning happens once or twice during the clients holiday.
- Clients are never present, which is an essential rule. Should a mid clean be agreed upon, the client will need to leave the house for 4 hours.
- Linen and towels could be provided extra for the whole stay.
We are still not sure what is best:
Linen can be laid on the beds or left folded for the clients to use.
Your feedback is welcome.
- Cleaning is divided into three stages, adding an extra hour and a half of cleaning at a minimum.
- Pre-Cleaning (protects the cleaner)
- Mid-cleaning (central cleaning)
- After-Cleaning (protects the client)
- There is a 20 - 40 minutes delay between Pre and Mid Cleaning.
- There is at least a 20-minute delay between After-Cleaning and clients' arrival.
- There is at least a 20-minute delay between Clients Departure and Pre-Cleaning.
- Cleaners have to take the necessary precautions (gloves, masks, etc.)
- Clients participate in the procedure by:
- Use the Eos Villas App to monitor cleaning progress.
- The cleaner specifies the clients' arrival.
- Clients are arriving precisely at the allowed time by the agency.
- All aircon units need to be switched off on departure
- Windows should not be firmly shut but left open on departure.
- During the client's stay, all rooms should be aired thoroughly during the day.
- Soaps, disinfectants etc., are provided for the client's arrival. Clients are advised to bring their own with them.
A Practical Example
To visualize this, let's consider the following practical example:
- The client departs from the villa/apartment at 10 am.
They are instructed to leave the house windows open and power down all air-conditioning units.
The client has let us know the exact time they have departed from the house.
They are also instructed to let us know through the Eos App when they have left.
- Cleaner arrives at 10:20 the earliest and checks the above has been down.
If they find the aircon operating needs to power down the house before entering.
Pre-Cleaning (protects the cleaner)
One of the first actions is to remove the aircon filters and put them in a washing basin to clean. It isn't easy to clean without the aircon "on" during the summer. This step ensures that the aircon will be usable for the cleaner to use if she so desires by the second step.
A diluted disinfectant spray is used on all the common surfaces like keys, locks, balestraits, washbasins, door handles, chairs etc. Also, this spray should be used on soft surfaces, armchairs, bedside walls up to a logical height and generally all other walls that one can accidentally touch. The surfaces are left to dry out for about 10 mins or more.
The cleaner will then leave the house for 20 to 40 minutes and let the air-conditioning operate while the house windows are open.
The cleaner will then clean all the previously sprayed surfaces (where possible).
This is the regular cleaning that happens during every arrival. It is good to include a more thorough approach starting from bathrooms to the kitchen to bedrooms and the lounge area.
The clearer should include more surfaces that people can use hands-on, like the walls of the bedrooms or narrow corridors up to a certain height.
Also kitchen chairs and stools. By the end of this stage, the cleaner will need to notify us that the house is ready for them to arrive.
After-Cleaning (protects the client)
This is a copy of the Pre-Cleaning, using the same material used in Pre-cleaning. This material will be let dry out for at least 20 minutes before the houses are locked up for the following clients' arrival. Windows need to be left open so that the air circulates.
The cleaner should take special care to clean the keys of the property.
As soon as the cleaner finishes, she must use the Eos App to notify the next guests arriving that the property is clean and ready. They will arrive 20mins after this.
With numerous flight cancellations taking place and flights companies announcing cancelled schedules more timely, Clients had more time to react. Thus the number of clients changing their dates has increased.
Thankfully more and more flight companies are now announcing new dates.
Does the client reserve the right to cancel?
The short answer is yes. If a client wants to cancel and there is a health issue involved, we have to fully refund all deposits paid. Clients that move their holidays next year or the end of the season receive an 18-month voucher.
The client reserves the right to change their mind. This may lead to a ChargeBack, which is handled by our issuing bank and theirs directly, and it forces us to return the deposit nonetheless. This should have been, in short, a rare and challenging situation to handle, as institutions like Visa, MasterCard etc., operate under Force Majeure as usual.
These events are unfortunately increasing.
How do they work?
"Flexible last minute offers" is a tool implemented internally by Eos Villas to help owners manage their prices in this very competitive environment. We understand that last minute offers are not for every owner and that you may not like to use this tool.
Following your feedback, we have adjusted the use of this tool, and we proceed with a more practical approach and call you whenever we are ready to adjust offered prices or need to give a special offer to a client.
To find more about it, please visit the page below:
This document is updated frequently and adapted to the new realities we face.
Last update: 20/Jan/2022